About the role
We are looking for a Product Designer who is ready to ideate and design customer-facing features in a collaborative environment with highly iterative processes. This is an opportunity to be one of the first members of a small design team at a product-focused company, which means you will have substantial autonomy and impact across the product, brand, and core business. You will be constantly thinking of different ways we can make pets' lives better by giving pet parents tools and resources.
What you'll do
- Lead design initiatives across the entire product development lifecycle, working closely with other designers and cross-functional teammates to ship, maintain, and evolve features for our end-users, the pet parent community.
- Utilize design thinking articulate human-centered design perspectives to develop sound product strategy. You'll work with functions across the company to understand challenges, shape the roadmap, and develop solutions that deliver real value to our users.
- Take full ownership of your work, iterating and refining your ideas through feedback loops, and accounting for every detail, every step of the way.
- Own design for different segments of our product from concept to mockups to prototypes to launch.
- Be extremely hands-on. You'll use your experience to know how and when to build and combine assets like personas, journey maps, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes all while contributing to a centralized design system and delivering pixel-perfect specs to developers.
What you'll need
- 4+ years of experience working at a product-focused tech company designing product experiences for customers.
- Demonstrated ability to design consumer products from end-to-end with interface and experience in mind.
- Strong ability to speak to design decisions from past work and/or portfolio.
- Cross-discipline background or interest in visual/interaction design, UX/UI, branding & identity, and typography.
- Expertise in Figma (preferred) or Sketch and Adobe CC
Nice to have
- Experience in small, hyper-growth start-ups
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, JS, Swift, Figma
- Motion / Animation skills